Friday, January 22, 2010

Adventures in Hair Care

I keep hearing people talk about how busy they are, and I thought I’d share one of my time-saving secrets with my blog readers:

Don’t brush your hair. I mean never, except as a gesture of respect right before you go to your hair stylist. Not only is brushing your hair time consuming (the average woman brushes her hair at least twice each day) it is completely unnecessary. The only potential problem is that your hair could start to mat up and be difficult to untangle. I recently had this problem when I returned from two weeks of ice climbing in Ouray, but I discovered that I could quickly take care of it by cutting out all of the offending dreadlocks with a pair of travel scissors.

Give it a go, you might never look back.

Margo

3 comments:

  1. Works for me. I didn't brush my hair when I was in Ouray last time either. Headed there tomorrow and planning that same hair care strategy. After all, my hair is under a hat and helmet 50% of the time I'm there!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing It: I'm cutting back on hair brushing 75% [from 100 strokes/day to 25]. --Liked your Verticulture article!!-- : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea -- the other alternative,which is the one I practice -- is to wear a #1 buzz at all times. I don't climb, but I do backpack & believe me, this is the perfect haircut for an active girl!

    ReplyDelete